This broth is very healing, tastes great, and is a perfect base for soups and stews. It is a great basic to always have on hand. I like to make a large batch and freeze what I don’t need.
- 1 lb. bones
- approximately 1 gal. water
- 1 tbsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar (optional)
- Place all the ingredients in a large stock pot/crock-pot.
- Turn on low heat and put the lid on.
- Simmer for 2-3 hours, after which skim the fat off the top. (Do not discard this fat, as it is nourishing, and is a good additive to many savory recipes).
- Return skimmed broth to the heat, and continue to cook for approximately 24 hours, adding water as the liquid in the pot evaporates. Pour through a colander to remove bones.