Aioli is one of my very favorite condiments. I enjoy it on burgers and as a dipping sauce for roasted vegetables. It is also good with fish, and as the creamy base for tuna, egg, or chicken salad. Please don’t feel guilty about the high cholesterol; it’s actually really good for you! Aioli is fairly difficult to make, so don’t get discouraged if it doesn’t turn out the first time. It takes practice.
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 cup melted bacon fat, slightly cooled
- 1 Tbs. lemon juice 1-2 cloves raw garlic, finely minced, depending on how much you like the spicy factor
- sea salt to taste
- Put the egg yolks in your blender.
- Turn it on and slowly pour in the fat, in a thin stream.
- When all of the fat has been mixed in, keep the blender motor running while you add the lemon juice, garlic, and sea salt.
- Pour into your serving dish and serve. (This recipe can also be refrigerated, so save your left-overs, covered, in the fridge.)