Salmon Cakes are a fun, yummy lunch or dinner option. They are great with sour cream as a garnish and served with Beet Salad. Serves 5
- 1 16 oz can of salmon
- 3 eggs
- 2 Tbs. coconut flour (plus extra for coating)
- 2 Tbs. coconut oil, softened (plus extra for cooking)
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Open the salmon cans and drain the extra liquid from the cans. (If you have kitties, pour the juice in with their food. Mine love it.)
2. Smash salmon and eggs together in a bowl.
3. When they are thoroughly homogenized, add the other ingredients. Mix well.
4. Heat your frying-pan and melt the extra oil in it.
5. Form balls (about an inch and a 1/2 in diameter) with the salmon mixture, and roll the balls in the extra flour.
6. Fry on medium-high heat, adding more oil if necessary, until the cakes are golden brown on both sides.
7. Keep them hot in a 200 F oven until you are ready to serve.