Beet Salad is a great picnic and lunch food.
- 5 beets
- 3 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbs. apple cider vinegar
- salt, pepper, and fresh tarragon to taste
- Wash the beets and trim off the ends and roots.
- Boil the beets in salted water to cover, with a lid, until the beets are fork tender.
- Drain the beets, and cut them in half to cool.
- When you can handle them, turn on the tap, and rub the skin off the beet halves under running water.
- Cube the beets (see below) and toss with oil, vinegar, salt, pepper and herbs. Refrigerate until chilled, and serve.
How to Cube Boiled Beets
- Before boiling, cut the ends off the beets. Cut the beet halves in half horizontally, being careful to keep your fingers away from the blade.
2. Rub the skin off the beet half; if you have trouble getting the skin off, you can rub it off under running water.
3. Cut three, evenly-spaced cuts in the beet.
4. Turn the beet and repeat the previous procedure in the other direction.
5. Repeat these steps with tho other half of the beet.