I love custard. It’s creamy, cold, sweet – Yumm! It can be eaten as a snack, as a breakfast food folded into crepes or on top of pancakes or waffles, or as a gourmet, easy dessert, topping cake.
- 4 cups homemade soaked and sprouted nut milk
- 8 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup melted and cooled fat(butter, ghee, coconut oil)
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tsp gelatin
- 1/4 tsp stevia
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 cups frozen thawed berries
- Pour three cups of the milk into your blender and add the egg yolks, vanilla, stevia and salt.
- Blend while slowly pouring in the chia seeds in a small stream.
- Add the oil and blend until smooth.
- Sprinkle the gelatin over the remaining one cup of the milk in a saucepan. When the gelatin has dissolved, heat the milk till it is steaming, stirring constantly.
- Cool slightly, then pour over the mixture in the blender and blend.
- Pour into your serving dish, and fold in the berries. The custard will need to chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour before it is ready to serve, unless you are serving warm, in which case serve immediately.
You can, if you want to, omit the berries for something like pouring it over cake, but if you are serving it plain, I highly recommend fruit.