I know my blog is about gluten-free baking, but the garden is so bountiful this year, I have to share some of my faves for extra produce. I’m sure you’ll forgive me once you taste this. It’s perfect for a picnic.
- 3 large cucumbers
- half a small onion, diced
- 4 Tbs. apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbs. dried dill weed
- 1 Tbs. diced fresh cilantro
- more salt than you think is necessary (about 1/4 tsp.)
1. Slice the cukes thinly, and toss them with the other ingredients.
2. Allow them to marinate until they are sitting partially covered in the juice.
3. Drain the liquid off, and let it sit until the cucumbers are partially covered in liquid, again.
4. You will need to do this several times, to remove the extra water from the cucumbers, and make them the right texture.
5. Chill for about 30 minutes before serving. Garnish with creme fraiche, or real cultured sour cream; (Nancy’s is a great brand to look for).