Kale Chips are a delicious Paleo/GAPS/AIP snack. They can be eaten in large quantities without any guilt, which is good, because they are completely addictive. They are also great for school lunches.
This recipe is the third in a series of five salicylate-free recipes I am posting. To see more about salicylates, read my article here.
- 1 bunch organic red kale (you can also buy bags of already cut kale at Trader Joe’s if you have one where you live)
- 5 tbsp. olive oil
- approximately 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- Wash the kale leaves, and remove the ribs.
- Dry the kale pieces (if you have a salad spinner you can use that, or if not, roll the kale pieces up in a dish towel for about 10 minutes).
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Break the larger pieces into the size pieces you desire.
- Drizzle the olive oil, and sprinkle the salt, over the kale pieces, and toss them to coat.
- Bake for 10 minutes, cool, and nibble to your heart’s content!