This delicious sugar-free jam is tart and sweet at the same time. It is thick enough to use on sandwiches, but saucy enough to spoon over ice cream or pancakes. I even enjoy it by itself!
- 3 cups frozen strawberries
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/8 cup honey
- 1 tbsp. gelatin
- Put the strawberries and water in a saucepan, and sprinkle the gelatin over the water.
- When the gelatin has dissolved, add the honey and turn the heat on medium.
- Bring the sauce-to-be to a simmer, and turn down to medium-low.
- Simmer for 1 hour.
- Turn the heat off, and as the jam begins to cool, whisk thoroughly till no whole berries remain.
- Cool, refrigerate, and enjoy!
(The natural pectin in the berries will help it to thicken it as it cools, but the refrigeration will get it to a jam consistency.)