Roasted plantains are comfort food. They are the kind of thing that you want to have on a night when you get home really late. Soft, sweet, hot, and filling.
For this recipe, use plantains that are quite ripe. Not black, but well into being yellow. They should have some black spots on them. Don’t use green plantains. They will not get soft.
I also like these for breakfast. They go very well with scrambled eggs. Enjoy!
- 2 medium-sized yellow-with-black-spots plantains
- 1/8 cup + 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil or melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- salt to taste
- stevia to taste
- Peel the plantains according to the directions in this post.
- Cut the peeled plantains into 1/4 inch thick slices.
- Spread them out on a cookie sheet.
- Drizzle the oil and sprinkle the cinnamon, salt, and stevia on the plantains.
- Roast them at 350 F for 15 minutes.
- Remove the plantains from the oven and flip them. Add more oil and/or cinnamon if so desired. (I like mine pretty oily!)
- Return the plantains to the oven for another 10-15 minutes, until soft. Serve hot.