Sometimes, there is nothing like a sandwich for lunch. That feeling of biting into bread, meat, cheese, and tomato, or peanut butter and honey, or whatever you put on your sandwich, is a feeling like no other. But to have a sandwich every day – even on grain-free bread – can make me feel a little guilty sometimes.
That is why I created these buns. They are not only grain-free and sugar-free, they are nut-free and dairy-free too. What do you say to that, eh? And they are sooo yummy. They also look very normal. Whether you have a broiled ham and cheese, or a PB&J, these rolls will make your day (and your sandwich)!
- 6 eggs
- 3/4 cup coconut manna
- 1/2 cup chilled coconut cream
- 2 tbsp. coconut flour, sifted
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda, sifted
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- Purée the first three ingredients together for about 40 seconds.
- Whisk together the other ingredients, and add to the blender. Blend just long enough to incorporate them; (if you blend the batter after adding the baking soda for too long, it will make tough bread).
- Grease a large muffin tin, and pour the batter into the cups. It will only be about an inch-and-a-quarter deep in the cup. That is the way it is supposed to be!
- Bake at 350 F for about 35 minutes. Cool, slice in half, and enjoy with the sandwich fixings of your choice!