It sounds crazy, but this milk is actually delicious. It has a very subtle flavor, making it great for recipes. When it is refrigerated, it will become viscous, like thick cream, from the gelatin. It is super fun and yummy to drink when it is like this (you get a substantial milk mustache!).
Avocado Milk is great for people who are on the AIP Paleo diet, as there are no nuts in this milk. Some of my favorite things to make with it are custard and smoothies. Be creative!
Avocado Milk will have a light green color, because, after all, it is avocado. I like to think of it as fun, exotic, magical; whatever you do, don’t say weird. Pretend you are drinking witches’ brew, and have fun with this whole food beverage!
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 a medium-sized avocado
- 1/2 tsp. gelatin
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon (optional, but I recommend it)
- 1/8 tsp. liquid stevia
- Pour 1 cup of the water into a saucepan and sprinkle the gelatin over it evenly. When the gelatin has dissolved (turned from white to translucent), turn the heat on to medium-high, stirring constantly, until steam rises from the top of the mixture.
- Place the avocado in a high-powered blender, and pour the gelatin-water mixture over it. Blend on high until the avocado is completely pulverized, about 25 seconds.
- Add the rest of the water and the other ingredients, and blend until emulsified.
- Refrigerate and enjoy! Amazingly, Avocado Milk will last in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.