When this delicious and colorful potpourri appeared in our weekly CSA box, what could I do but make a salsa? I had no lime juice, but that wasn’t stopping me! I diced up the purple onion, the red pepper, the tomato, the cilantro, and the garlic. I added a splash of ACV, and a pinch of sea salt. And the results? Delicious!
The salsa is a little spicy, but even for my six-year-old brother, it wasn’t too much. Enjoy!
- 1 small purple onion
- 1/2 a sweet pepper
- 1/2 a large heirloom tomato
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 sprigs of cilantro
- a generous splash of apple cider vinegar
- 2 generous pinches of sea salt
- Dice the onion, tomato, pepper, garlic and cilantro.
- Add the vinegar and sea salt. Toss thoroughly.
- Allow to macerate for about 10 minutes before serving.
Note: Try this yummy salsa recipe with fresh, medium-rare grilled tuna. Mmmm… Or there’s the traditional Mexican food approach too. 😉